Discover the types of visitor visas offered by Australia.

Many people desire to visit Australia, and there are many reasons behind it. The reliable and trusted visitor visa Lawyers state that people normally visit the nation to attend certain events or business-related conferences and exhibitions. 

But there are some individuals who aim to meet their close friends and family members whom they haven’t seen for a long time. This is where you will need a visitor visa to visit this beautiful country. 

There are many kinds of visitor visas, which are provided by the Australian Government. Each of them has their own benefits, purpose and requirements. You can apply for a visitor visa that will match perfectly with your needs.

Various Kinds of Visitor Visas

Australia offers a wide range of visitor visas, and you can opt for one based on your requirements and the reason you’re visiting the nation. Let’s find out what these visas are:

1. Subclass 417 [Working Holiday Visa]

This visa is ideal for people who wish to extend their stay in Australia and also want to work to stay themselves while residing in the country. Subclass 417 comes with a 12-month validation, and you can live 3, 6 or full 12 months in the country. 

The visa has three different parts, and each of them has different purposes. The Australian Government will only allow individuals who are 18 to 30 years [35 years for several countries] to hold this particular visa. 

With the help of this visa, you can do all kinds of work, such as work as a software engineer, at the cafeteria, teacher and many more. Make sure to fulfil all the requirements so that you become eligible for this particular visa. 

After applying for the visa, you have to pay a charge of AUD 635 immediately. After paying, you just have to wait for the approval. You have to submit all the correct documents, and before you submit them, be sure to double-check them. 

2. Subclass 462 [Work and Holiday Visa]

The visitor visa lawyer in Perth has said that the subclass 462 visa is ideal for all the young adults out there who wish to work and spend their holidays in Australia and want to work as well. There are three Work and Holiday Visas, and each of them has different purposes.

The 1st Subclass 462 is people who have to extend their stay in the country, the 2nd one is for the second working holiday, and the 3rd one is for the third working holiday. The charges for all three Subclass 462 visas are AUD 635, and they come with a 12-month validation. 

When applying for this visa, you have to be between 18 to 30 years of age and must also carry a valid passport from an eligible nation. When visiting Australia on this visa, you should not bring your dependent children with you. 

3. Subclass 600 [Visitor Visas]

This visa is ideal for business visitors, tourists and also for people who are visiting their friends or relatives for 3 months, 6 months or 12 months. 

To become eligible for a visa, you have to be a genuine visitor and must have enough funds in your bank account while you live in the country. You have to pay a charge of AUD 475 for this visa. 

Apart from visiting friends and relatives, you can also visit Australia for medical treatment and business-related work with this particular visa. Visitor Visa Subclass 600 processing time will differ greatly. At times, you can get the visa in just 5 days, or it can take 10, 20 or 29 days. 

Besides that, this visa is ideal for you if you have a visa that will expire soon but wish to stay in the country. You can only apply for this visa when you’re in the country and when Australia’s Department of Home Affairs tells you to apply for it. 

4. Subclass 601 [Electronic Travel Authority Visa]

The Subclass 601 visa will allow you to enter the nation as a tourist to visit your relatives and friends, to spend your holiday and as a business visitor. This visa has a validity of 12 months, and within that time period, you can go in and out of the nation. 

Besides that, the visa will also enable you to reside in Australia for 3 months whenever you wish to visit the country. You can also study and train for 3 months in the country with Subclass 601. 

To obtain this visa, you have to apply from outside the nation, make sure that you have a valid passport and go through the ETA video guidelines. You must also utilize the Australia ETA application and pay a charge of AUD20 for the visa application. 

5. Subclass 651 [eVisitor Visa]

This is another visitor visa that comes with a 12-month validation and enables the visa holder to visit the nation to attend various family-related events and occasions. You can reside in the country for 3 months with this visa as a tourist or to board a cruise ship.

You can also visit the nation with evisitor subclass 651 processing time for business-related work. As a business visitor, you can do the following:

  • Participate in seminars, trade fairs, and conference
  • Make all the employment and general business enquiries
  • Review, enter into, negotiate or investigate all business contracts
  • Conduct all types of activities which are part of the official government visit

But with this visa, you cannot provide services or work for an organization or a business that is based in Australia. You’re also not allowed to sell services or goods to the general public directly.

6. Subclass 751 [Transit Visa]

The Subclass 751 visa will enable you to stay in Australia for only 72 hours. But you have to leave the country before this period ends. These are types of visitor visa ideal for Maritime Crew visa holders. 

They can use this visa to access Australia by air to join the non-military ship, but there are some individuals who can also transit without the visa. To apply for this visa, you have to be outside the nation. 

You must have a confirmed booking to visit another nation within 72 hours of entering Australia. Be sure that you have all the right documents when entering the nation. 

When you join a non-military ship, you should stay outside the country and carry the Maritime visa and documents. You don’t have to pay any charge when applying for this visa.

Read Also: How to Select a Visitor Management System

How to Apply for a Visitor Visa?

If you’re planning to apply for an Australian visitor visa of your choice, you first have to create an “ImmiAccount”. For that, you have to visit the official website of the Department of Home Affairs [DHA], choose the visitor of your choice, and click on the “Apply” button. 

You will be transferred to a different page where you have the option to create the “ImmiAccount” available. But if you already have an ImmiAccount, you can simply log in to your account and apply for the visa. 

Once you have created the account, you can apply for a visitor visa. Many are sure to provide all the documents and mention all the correct information. After that, pay the visa fee and then wait for the visa approval. 

Ending Words

Australia has many types of visitor visas, and you can apply for one based on your requirements. Go through all the visas, check their eligibility criteria, look at the visa fee and then proceed further. For information, you can speak with the visa lawyers as they will surely help you on such matters.

Post Author: bookbb

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *